Indoor Kid’s Activity
With kids spending time indoors now more than ever before, it’s important to find fun activities to keep them occupied. Here’s a Cockatoo paper craft that they will enjoy making with simple materials and tools: coloured paper, scissors, pencil, glue stick and marker. Afterwards, they can use this sweet Cockatoo to decorate their rooms or add it onto card stock to make a greeting card that can be mailed via snail mail to their friends or grandparents.
The template in PDF format, instructions and step-by-step photos are included below.
Enjoy and stay safe.
- Colored craft papers
- Black marker pen
- Craft glue
- Select cream, orange, yellow, grey and pink colored craft papers for this craft. Trace the beak and legs on grey colored craft papers, the crest patterns on orange and yellow colored craft papers; the blush (small round
shape) on pink colored craft paper; and the body, tail and wing patterns on cream (or white) colored papers. Cut out the traced patterns.
- Attach the 2 crest patterns together. Glue the small one on the top of
the big one along the bottom end.
- Attach the crest on the top side of the head pattern of the cockatoo
body pattern. Attach the tail and the wing with the body pattern as well.
- Attach the beak on the front side of the head (body pattern). Also,
attach the small round shape relatively in the middle of the head part.
- Attach the legs along the bottom side of the body pattern. Use a black marker pen to draw the eye of the cockatoo paper craft.